A reputable organization committed to exhibitions is seeking for a versatile, talented & creative Content Web Developer to develop high-quality websites. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean design and possess superior user interface design skills.
Overview of the Role
The prospective candidate must understand how to design graphics using photoshop and other Adobe tools. The right candidate is required to have prior experience bringing products to life and has demonstrated experience in designing usable web-based interfaces. He/She must be a critical thinker with a strong design sense, a strong technical background, and an eye for making things better. The individual should be proactive, creative, collaborative, and passionate about design in an entrepreneurial environment.
Person’s Specification/Required Competencies
- Honest and a goal getter.
- Managerial and leadership approach to issues
- Innovative and creative
- Proactive and analytical.
- Decision making and communication skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Delegation and teamwork
- Negotiation skills.
- Stress tolerance and adaptability to a new work environment.
- Responsibility and Accountability etc.
- Reports To: Corporate Communication Manager
- Job Description
- Design websites for clients and also offer web related support
- Validate designs through rapid prototyping, user research, design review and collaboration with the design, development and product management team.
- Contribute directly the development of products and features by providing front-end assets and deliverable.
- Help maintain a consistent graphics system and visual language for our clients brand
- Assisting with the creation of a platform-wide style guide and its components
- Develop wireframes, rapid prototypes, user interfaces, and comp designs
- Grows and expands company social media presence into new social media
- platforms, plus increases presence on existing platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Researches and monitors activity of company competitors.
- Creates and distributes engaging written or graphic content in the form of e-newsletters, web page and blog content, or social media messages.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Creates marketing and social media campaigns and strategies, including
- budget planning, content ideation, and implementation schedules.
- Ensures brand consistency in marketing and social media messages
- Use advanced CSS techniques to solve design issues
- Perform usability tests on interface design to ensure cross-browser
- Use Test and Target to serve up segmented content and for A/B and
- multivariate testing
- Provide expert design guidance and recommendations for improving websites
- Collaborate with content, marketing, and programming teams
- The ideal candidate will be a hybrid, with strong graphic design
- creativity as well as front-end development skills, utilizing dynamic web programming experience.
Job Requirements, Qualifications, and Experience
- Degree or Diploma in any Social Sciences/ Art/ Humanities / Computer Science BSc/HND
- Professional training and certifications is an added advantage.
- Experience in designing websites with a capacity for simplifying the complexity
- Experience with Enterprise Content Management Systems (WordPress and Joomla)
- A clear understanding of design-centered processes, proven methodologies for identifying and solving problems
- A diverse portfolio that exhibits excellent use of typography, color, imagery and graphic elements
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques, and technologies
- A strong understanding of brand development and multi-channel marketing concepts
- Ability to teach others about website design.
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience, including demonstrated experience in designing usable web-based interfaces preferred
- Dedicated, action-oriented, flexible and strong attention to detail
- Passion for website design
- Strong creative, design and interactive skills; strong communication and presentation skills
If you meet the afore-mentioned requirements, please send a soft copy of your application letter and your attached CV . Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview