- Interview clients to determine their current income, expenses, insurance coverage, tax status, financial objectives, risk tolerance, and other information needed to develop a financial plan.
- Contact clients periodically to determine if there have been changes in their financial status.
- Monitor financial market trends to ensure that plans are effective, and to identify any necessary updates.
- Explain and document for clients the types of services that are to be provided, and the responsibilities to be taken by the personal financial advisor.
- Guide clients in the gathering of information such as bank account records, income tax returns, life and disability insurance records, pension plan information, and wills.
- Implement financial planning recommendations, or refer clients to someone who can assist them with plan implementation.
- Research and investigate available investment opportunities to determine whether they fit into financial plans.
- Prepare and interpret for clients information such as investment performance reports, financial document summaries, and income projections.
- Recommend strategies clients can use to achieve their financial goals and objectives, including specific recommendations in such areas as cash management, insurance coverage, and investment planning.
- Analyze financial information obtained from clients to determine strategies for meeting clients' financial objectives.
- Answer clients' questions about the purposes and details of financial plans and strategies.
- Review clients' accounts and plans regularly to determine whether life changes, economic changes or financial performance indicate a need for plan reassessment.
- Arrange with other financial services providers for products that meet clients investment needs for which the company cannot provide.
- Conduct seminars and workshops on financial planning topics such as retirement planning, estate planning, and the evaluation of severance packages.
Minimum of a Bachelors' Degree in a related field
3-5 working years of experience in a similar role
Please ensure your Jobberman profile is 100% complete before applying for this job. Candidates with incomplete profiles have a much lower chance of having their applications viewed.