The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Coordinate the Hygiene promotion (HP) and community mobilization (CM) activities according to strategy, proposals, budgets and plans
- To assist the WASH Officer Manager in all aspects of HP and CM programs planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- To assist in the identification of communities/IDPs Hygiene promotion needs
- Provides technical assistance to the WASH Officer and local counterparts on issues Hygiene information and communication strategies
- Working closely with the Wash Officer to assists in the establishment, and training of water point committees as well as monitoring their performance
- Assists in the compilation of weekly and monthly hygiene promotion reports, program documents, project proposals, and budgets
- Higher diploma or Degree in Public Health, Social Science or Communication
- Minimum 2 years’ experience from working with hygiene promotion/communities mobilization projects in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Experience from working with social work and/or with distribution of humanitarian assistance is an advantage.
- Must have a good knowledge of hygiene promotion in emergency/recovery context.
- Familiarity with international minimum standards of water, hygiene, sanitation (i.e., SPHERE) is an advantage
- Knowledge of the context in North Eastern Nigeria
- Knowledge of the local language Kanuri, Hausa
- High level English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Education field
- Social science
- Education title: Bachelors' degree or equivalent
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Commencement: October 2018
- Duration: 3 Months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions (Grade Level 4 Step 1).
- Duty stations: Dikwa, Brono State - North East Nigeria with 30% frequent travels. Travel outside duty stations is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location.