Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization operating for over 35 years who is committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food and shelter.
SI has started activities in North-eastern Nigeria in August 2016 in the fields of Wash and is now intervening in 4 areas of the state for Wash and Shelter activities.
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
The beginning of contract: 3/9/2018
Contract duration: 3 months (renewable)– Probation period: 1 month
Delocalization policy: applicable, according to SI conditions
- The Assistant WASH Coordinator backs up the WASH Coordinator in supporting the mission to achieve the intended operational results.
- In particular, he/she helps in ensuring the quality of implemented projects through regular filed operation follow up, results monitoring, context monitoring, lessons learned and knowledge management, tools development and trainings.
- The assistant WASH Coordinator takes in standardizing of SI technical approaches and tools in areas of intervention.
List of Main Responsibilities
- To help in ensuring the quality of implemented projects through regular operation monitoring, results monitoring, context monitoring, lessons learned and knowledge management, tools development and trainings
- To help in ensuring standardized approaches in BoQ, technical design, Tools and SOPs of WASH activities.
- To work closely with the project field officers, project managers and the program coordinator in coordinating information exchange and timely support.
- To collect information from the bases and assist in the quality analysis of the activities carried out with the Program Coordinator
- To ensure with the Program Coordinator that the programs are implemented respecting Solidarites International’ technical requirements and national established norms and standards
Coordination, technical support and operational monitoring:
- To support Program coordinator for carrying out and/or supervising task and work plan, according to the objectives which have been set
- To monitor the development of current programs (progress, suitability and effectiveness) and suggest modifications to Program coordinator
- To support the teams on site, by regularly visiting intervention sites planned with the Program coordinator, pre-empting problems and listening to the teams and by providing technical and methodology advices and recommendations
- Together with the program coordinator, be involved in the review and follow up of the different operational follow ups
- To contribute to the synergy of the Program Coordination department
- To reply to any other requests from the Program Coordinator regarding specific needs and priorities
- To ensure that Solidarités International’s WASH related capitalization tools are correctly archived, disseminated at mission level.
- To follow up the preparation of Activity Forms
- To collect and disseminate various useful documents (law, procedures, national policy, guidelines and methodologies, standards…)
- To support the Program Coordination to develop technical partnerships with other actors in the sector of WASH
- To participate to the lead and organization of winter trainings, any other trainings or workshops
Reporting / communication / representation:
- To share with relevant person any information regarding the security situation and context which may impact the Solidarites International activities and the security of the teams
- To support projects, assessments and evaluations reports as necessary, together with analysis and recommendations
- To participate to the preparation of WASH activity reports and annexes for reports to donors with the Program Coordinator
- To participate to the validation of technical expertise reports
- To represent the organization when asked and/or delegated to do so
- In conjunction with the Program Coordinator, establish and maintain a communication network and good relations with local/government authorities, financial donor representatives, UN agencies and other international agencies
- To ensure with the Program Coordinator that SI is represented at all meetings or forums concerning WASH and others topics and write minutes
- To translate documents between English and Hawsa when it requested
- Personal abilities : Flexible, adaptable, autonomous, Honest, very good organization, multi-tasking, team player
- Languages: English an asset, Haussa, Kanuri (Shuwa and/or Fulani a strong plus)
- A degree in Civil/Water Engineering, Water Resource Engineering or similar fields . Masters degree in similar field preferable
- Professional experience: At least 3 years of relevant experience preferably in humanitarian setting or solid operational backgroud
- Proven managerial skills; resourceful and adaptable work approach; creative and proactive approach to problem solving.
- Experience of managing contractors
- Competence in design and BOQ preparation is a must.
- Be a self-starter, with the ability to make decisions independently
- Experience in using AutoCAD, Epanet and/or WaterCad
- Flexible, willing to travel and live temporarily in harsh environment
- Practical water and sanitation construction skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.