Minimum of OND/NCE in any related course
Job related experience is necessary
Certification in stores/inventory control and procurement/mat control will be an added advantage (not compulsory)
- Cleans warehouse for the purpose of maintaining a safe and sanitary work area.
- Maintains manual and electronic documents, files and records (e.g. invoices, stock cards, returns; credits; etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, and providing materials and reliable resource information. I
- Prepares orders by pulling from stock for the purpose of meeting delivery requirements
- Loads and unloads delivery vehicle for the purpose of receiving stock and/or filling orders for transport.
- Operates warehouse equipment (e.g. generator, cleaning materials, air conditioner, etc.) for the purpose of moving large and heavy items safely and effectively. I
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with stock card and other data storage systems.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Liaise with customers, suppliers and transport companies.
- Plan, coordinate and monitor the receipt, order, assembly and dispatch of goods.
- Have a clear understanding of the company's policies and vision, internal control systems and how the warehouse contributes to these.
- Keep stock control systems up to date and make sure inventories are accurate.
- Produce regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Brief team leaders on a daily basis.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit. II
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Good team working skills
- Managerial skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Logical reasoning
- Numerical skills
- Technical skills
- IT skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Analytical ability
- Initiative and decisiveness
Location: Lagos and Abuja
Note: The above is not a complete list of duties but a guide as tasks and objectives can change depending on needs.