- Under the supervision of the Warehouse Officer, deliver timely, effective and accountable logistics support to Save the Children warehouse functions: receiving and dispatch of goods to field locations and warehouse inventory tracking
- In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Scope of Role
- Reports to: Warehouse Officer
- Staff reporting to this post: None
- Budget Responsibilities: None.
- Role Dimensions: Provide support to the line manager in stock movements.
Key Areas of Accountability
- To provide alternate and additional support to SCI warehouses in the response (general and medical).
- Supervise loading and offloading, including counting of items to be received or dispatched.
- Verify quantity (and quality when applicable) of stock during receipt and dispatch.
- Ensure all warehouse stock are properly arranged and grouped, based on the instruction of supervisors.
- Produce documents for stock in and out when requested.
- Participate in stock verification.
- Support stock transportation and distribution to the filed.
- Ensure warehouse cleanliness and support in keeping limited access to the warehouse for an unauthorized person.
- Ensure under age children is not involve in any labor work in the warehouse.
Behaviours (Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Level of Education – Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Logistics or Business Administration or Economics or relevant Social Science course
- Professional certification in Procurement, Warehouse Management an added advantage
Experience and Skills
- Must have completed NYSC
- Previous experience in similar responsibilities, preferably with NGO and/or UN agency.
- Experience in working together and supervise the work of casual workers in the warehouse.
- Knowledge of storage and physical arrangement of various shape and type of warehouse items.
- Highly flexible and ability to work in a team.
- Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level – Excellent
- Language Requirements – English and Hausa – Excellent
- Level of IT literacy Required – (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email system, Internet browsing) excellent
- Desired Number of Years Prior Experience in a Similar Role – 1
- Experience in procurement and logistics with INGO: Minimum 1 year
- Experience in a relatively insecure field based environment
- Experience working with Save the children
- Ability and willingness to travel to projects and stay in basic conditions when necessary
- Please ensure your Jobberman profile is 100% complete before applying for this job. Candidates with incomplete profiles have a much lower chance of having their applications viewed.