Hamilton Lloyd and Associates - Our client is Nigeria’s largest provider of outsourced power, with services comprising both long term Independent Power Production (IPP) and short term Emergency Power Production (EPP). Their customers include some of the largest companies in Nigeria and have provided services to companies from multiple locations in Nigeria. Their business projections also include operations in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- The Warehouse and Logistics Manager is responsible for the direct management and handling of all warehousing and distribution functions at the company’s warehouse facilities in various locations around Nigeria. This includes accountability for inbound and outbound freight, as well as adherence to legislative, safety, and organizational policies and procedures.
- The Warehouse and Logistics Manager will also provide effective logistics management through leadership and decision-making skills.
- Manage the receiving, shipping, handling, distribution, and storage of all freight, product and supplies that come in and out of the warehouses.
- Maintain standard receiving, warehousing and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing personnel and operational policies and procedures.
- Communicate all delays or variances in inbound/outbound freight to the appropriate parties.
- Assess the need for, and recommend the purchase of moving equipment like trailers, forklifts
- Maintain appropriate and complete documentation of all products/goods in the CKD and finished goods warehouse.
- Responsible for managing third party logistics providers.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions.
- Ensure all production orders are shipped to customers in a timely manner in adherence to delivery schedules.
- Maintain strict control over inventory levels in order to meet internal and external demand of product.
- Conduct periodic spot-checks of inventory levels of supplies/products, identify discrepancies if any and take necessary action.
- Plan warehouse layout and space requirements in order to prevent loss/theft or damage, and to achieve full warehouse optimization.
- Use IT systems to manage stock levels, delivery times and transport costs;
- Use associated information systems to coordinate and control the order cycle;
- Use data from IT systems to evaluate performance and quality and to plan improvements;
- Develop business by gaining new contracts, analysing logistical problems and producing new solutions;
Key Performance Areas
- % decrease in logistics/shipping cost (quarterly/annually).
- Optimal storage cost per item and inventory storage per square foot.
- Utilization efficiency levels of space, labour and equipments.
- Fulfillment - timely order fulfillment, percentage of order fulfillment vs non-fulfillment, accuracy of order fulfillment.
- Minimum of Bsc. or equivalent in Business Administration or any other relevant discipline. Logistics/Warehouse/Supply Chain certifications will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 5years’ experience in a manufacturing, warehousing, supply chain management environment/role out of which 2 years must have been at managerial level.
Key Skills & Competencies Requirements
- Strong business acumen and excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Advanced Microsoft excel and office skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Understanding of ERP systems and its integration with respect to supply/demand functions.
- Excellent planning and resource allocation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Results oriented
- Creativity & Innovation
- Cultural awareness
- Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's with the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- If after 2 weeks of application you do not hear from us, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.