Our busy restaurant is looking for a friendly and competent waiter/ waitress to make sure our restaurant and lounge have a memorable experience. Since the quality of our service is crucial to success, the ideal candidate should possess clear communication skills, patience and attentiveness. You should be able to working in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment. You must be able to think on your feet and work well with the entire staff, from the chefs to the other servers. The successful applicant will be able to provide superior guest service and make certain the dining experience, from the food to the environment, meets the standards of our customers
- Greet customers upon entrance
- Prepare dining tables by arranging condiments, kitchenware and decorations
- Help patrons select dishes by answering questions about foods and drinks, describing house specialties and identifying appropriate drink pairings
- Take orders to kitchen staff and notify them of any special requests or dietary needs
- Deliver food to guests in a timely manner and attend to the needs of guests throughout the dining process.
- Issue bills and obtain payment
- Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Communicate with customers to resolve complaints or ensure satisfaction.
- Communicate dining or order details to kitchen personnel.
- Present menus to customers and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request.
- Roll silverware, set up food stations or set up dining areas to prepare for the next shift or for large parties.
- Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
- Escort customers to their tables. Assist customers with seating arrangements
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills
- Junior Waiter/Waitress (OND and Below), Senior Waiter/Waitress (B.Sc, HND)
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- General math skills
- Great customer service and conflict-resolution skills, and a commitment to professionalism
- Ability to work on your feet for hours at a time
- Excellent teamwork ability
- Willingness to work weekends, evenings and holidays as required
- Comfort with noisy, high-volume atmosphere
- Capable of working well under pressure
Staff will be expected to work throughout the week as we are open Monday through Sunday 24 hours a week.
Your work schedule will be a shift of 12 hours
Remuneration and benefits
Salary: N105, 000 monthly for B.Sc and HND
N35,000 Monthly for OND
Medical Care available