At uLesson, we are building an app to help African students be the very best they can be. Our team of talented people are passionate about media, technology, education and the African continent. Together, we seek to build a learning experience unprecedented in its richness, scope, interactivity and effectiveness. Our company is built by successful and experienced entrepreneurs who founded businesses such as Konga.com and E-Motion Advertising.
The Vice President of Marketing & Analytics will lead the development and execution of fact-based reporting, analysis and analytical models used to enhance decision making across the marketing and data analysis functions. He or she will support the organization with insights and predictive models to produce improved results and impact. This role reports directly to the CEO and leads a team of analysts to support measurement, insights, modelling, and other related analytical work.
He or She will be responsible for building a cohesive team by providing leadership, setting strategic direction and applying expertise.
He/She will be responsible for:
- Leading the Marketing and Data Analytics team with proven ability to both manage foundational work, while staying informed on new models/methods and provide leadership in evolving to new/enhanced ways of working.
- Working closely with Product & Technology, Commercial & Distribution and Customer Service Heads, to fully understand end to end briefings, campaign executions, ROI measurement requirements and results implications.
- Overseeing development of dashboards and standardized reports to provide ongoing insight to marketing & data analytics team and work to ensure utilization of reporting.
- Leading the creation and maintenance of appropriate marketing & data analytics key performance indicators, ROI models, and predictive models for marketing campaigns to determine effectiveness, provide optimization recommendations, as well as influence marketing campaign planning.
- Leading ongoing enhancements to uLesson’s marketing mix model to increase accuracy and ensure alignment to relevant business decisions/challenges.
- Developing and managing a statistical model measuring the medium and/or long-term impact of changes in the company’s brand health to changes in the company’s business performance.
- Overseeing development and subsequent application of multi-touch attribution modelling to relevant marketing campaigns.
- 10+ years of marketing and/or data analytics experience in a highly data-driven, analytical environment, preferable in tech/e-commerce.
- Proven leadership skills building and leading high performing organizations
- Strong ability to translate quantitative data into actionable recommendations and to translate business objectives into marketing goals and measurements.
- Highly proficient in econometric and statistical modelling techniques such as multivariate multiple regression, factor analysis, logistic regression, Choice modelling and conjoint analysis, etc. High proficiency in as many of the following: SAS, SPSS, R, MS Excel, PowerPoint, SQL, and Hadoop
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including the ability to translate analysis into easily digestible content for executive management consumption.
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills.
- Bachelor degree required. MBA/MS or Ph.D. in statistics, accounting, finance, or economics preferred
The salary is globally competitive.