Comercio Limited specializes in the supply, installation and support of computer hardware and auxiliary equipment. With a share of the computer systems market in Nigeria, we are a key provider of ICT Solutions in the country. We deploy key infrastructure solutions covering enterprise solutions, networking, IP camera installations, desktop computers and notebooks to major customers in our niche segments. We are Cloud Company based in Lagos. We believe that cloud computing is the next big area in technology.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides proactive recommendations to the customer for improving their use of DELL / HUAWIE EMC storage solutions to help maximize their satisfaction with DELL EMC. Actively contributes to the configuration, layout and performance tuning of DELL / HUAWIE EMC products.
- Technical knowledge on various DELL / HUAWIE EMC Storage products
- Good understanding on IT Operations, ITIL Processes, Policies, and Compliance with exposure and familiarity on a Shared Services type of operations on both regional and global infrastructure.
- Provides assistance to DELL / HUAWEI EMC technical teams in the development of custom solutions and implementation preparation.
- Responsible for performing daily operational tasks and maintaining availability at the customer site(s). Provisions solutions based on standardized procedures as outlined by DELL / HUAWEI EMC best practice documentation.
- Seeks advice or assistance from management and/or Technical Support as required during difficult customer situations. Works in conjunction with DELL / HUAWIE EMC colleagues to ensure effective resolution of technical issues encountered during implementations.
- Represents DELL / HUAWIE EMC in a professional manner to customers, DELL / HUAWIE EMC Partners and other DELL / HUAWEI EMC personnel at all times. May be required to support and train both customers and less experienced co-workers.
- Working on the customer site.
- 3 + years technical consultancy or operations experience with strong VMware experience
- Relevant training or certifications: VMware Certified Professional (VCP) preferred.
- Provide planning, installing, configuring, and upgrading support for vCenter Server and VMware ESXi.
- Plan and configure vSphere networking and storage solutions.
- Defines, monitors, and troubleshoots system performance within the VMware environment (vROPS)
- Knowledge in storage, such as EMC VNX, VMAX, VPLEX - Advantage
- Knowledge in scripting/programming with one or more of Python, Perl, Ruby, Shell, Java, etc. - Advantage
- Comprehensive knowledge of hardware platforms that include rack mount servers and blades E.g. Cisco UCS, HP, Dell, Huawie
- Ability to administer, maintain, and troubleshoot Storage Area Networks (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS) attached to VMware environments
- Understanding of Virtual Center Operations Manager for proactive assessment of performance and identification of potential resource bottlenecks
- Experience with Microsoft’s Windows Server.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.