PrepClassNG is looking to hire for the role of Vice President (Education and curriculum development.).The successful candidate will head all our initiatives at creating world-class curriculum and learning content.
This is both an interesting and challenging role that will give the individual opportunity to oversee and provide strategic guidance and direction to the content team which will comprise of teachers, graphics, animation and video personnel as well as content interns.
PrepClass has over 30,000 tutors and has worked with over 5000 families nationwide. The curriculum and content created will be used by thousands of our tutors to shape the medium through which tens of thousands of young minds across Nigeria will be taught over the next 2 - 5 years.
We are looking for creative, futuristic, non-conformist thinkers who are willing to change the status quo and narrative of how kids are taught today and develop better, more engaging and transformative methods that will aid learners in understanding difficult topics. The role guarantees full autonomy on content creation and academic direction of the curriculum
The responsibilities include:
- Leading the content and curriculum team which will initially be comprised of 2 teachers, 2 content interns and graphics personnel.
- Conducting Extensive Research on Curricula development as well as researching learning methodologies used by Successful companies in the Edtech ecosystem such as Kumon, khan academy, cue maths etc
- Working with the team to create curriculum and content (worksheets)
- Working with external consultants to review draft curriculum and content
- Training PrepClass partners, tutors and centre managers on how to use PrepClass content
Preferred Qualifications and experience:
- Master’s degree in Curriculum and Instruction, Pedagogy or related fields particularly for either Maths or English-Language.
- 3 - 5 years or more developing curricula or acting as an Education Lead. Overall, 5 - 10 years plus working in academia
- Experience with learners between ages 6 - 13
- Work experience in a high brow school, the likes of Grange, Greensprings, Corona, Daywaterman etc.