- The successful candidate will perform all necessary safety and emission inspection on a variety of vehicles, such as passenger cars, jeeps and certain types of mobile vehicles.
- He/she will inspect the overall interior and exterior conditions of cars and inspect operations of windshield wiper and washer, speedometer, turn signals and on a need basis, work computer terminal to process and review vehicle information.
- He/she will conduct vehicle identification inspections on vehicles for customers seeking to sell their cars.
- Scan vehicles with vehicle scanning equipment to determine the status of vehicle
- A comprehensive check of the vehicle interior and exterior parts
- Greet and direct customers seeking a vehicle identification inspection.
- Review customer’s ownership records for completeness and to assure all pertinent documentation is included. When necessary, inform customers of additional information needed, and serve as a source of referral.
- Conduct identification inspections on various types of vehicles. The inspection includes a comparison of the vehicle’s identification numbers (VIN) with the numbers listed on the customer’s ownership records and a notation of current odometer reading.
- HND or BSc in Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Electrical Engineering (OND Holder or Graduates of other disciplines can be considered if the candidate possesses above JD requirement)
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in vehicle diagnosis, inspection or repair
- Sound knowledge of the latest auto-mobile repairs & best industry practices
- Excellent knowledge about cars and its various models
- Hands-on experience in diagnosing vehicle issues (experience can range from basic to advanced)
- Ability to use a vehicle scanning machine
- Must be capable of operating vehicles with standard and automatic transmissions, four –wheel drives and constant four-wheel drive vehicles.
- Excellent communication of vehicle report to a customer.