"We are a global investment advisory and financial analytics firm that provides investment decision support in developed and emerging markets
Studying towards CFA or CA/CFA qualification an advantage.
Purpose of job
Performing and, where necessary, supervise staff analyzing such valuations on unlisted companies typically owned by private equity funds. Assist in new product development as well as business development within the African market.
Other key responsibilities:
Assist the valuation teams in Cape Town and Mauritius as necessary. Travel through Africa and other markets in order to enable business development.
Key competencies, skills & attributes
- Interest in and reasonable knowledge of Investment Management/Private equity/company valuation
- Able to build long term relationships with clients and potential clients
- Able to perform public speaking engagements in order to promote the Fundamentals service offering
- Working knowledge of credit pricing and credit risk evaluation will be advantageous
- Strong accounting knowledge and practical ability
- Strong, proven analytical skills
- Passion for business and acquiring new knowledge
- Can interpret and analyse large quantities of portfolio and market data
- Able to work independently but also supervise other team members
- Use initiative, be pro-active and have problem solving ability
- Able to review the work of other team members in a detailed manner
- Understands industry trends
- Communicates clearly and politely, both verbally and in writing, to obtain information
- Quick learner
- Working knowledge of financial instruments
- In depth knowledge of the valuation of all financial instruments
- Good working knowledge of concepts relating to risk and return
- Willing to put in long hours when needed
- Commitment to producing high quality reports and analysis.
- Safeguarding integrity of sensitive client data
- Ability to lead by example.
Monthly and daily tasks:
- Assist in creating and developing leads and opportunities as part of the business development cycle,
- Conduct research into market and industry conditions in which an entity operates.
- Analyse both entity and market information to identify major valuation drivers and risks
- Calculate the value of an entity using recognised valuation methods
- Prepare high quality, insightful valuation reports
- Present results of work internally/externally
- Discuss draft reports with clients and resolve any queries efficiently
- Compile or review information required for quarterly reporting
- Form part of due diligence team as necessary
- Improve client reporting
- Be involved in producing cutting edge and independent research
- Prepare and present training as required
- Research and write, high quality articles for publication in marketing material
- In the longer term,
- Assist and train staff members on the job to develop their analytical skills
- Guide staff in the resolution of queries in such manner that it improves their understanding of the subject matter
- Review valuation models prepared by other team members
- Review high quality, insightful valuation reports.
- Please ensure your Jobberman profile is 100% complete before applying for this job. Candidates with incomplete profiles have a much lower chance of having their applications viewed.