Staff auditors analyze the operational and financial processes of a company to ensure compliance with industry and federal regulations. There are two different types of staff auditors. Internal auditors are employed directly by a company and conduct internal audits throughout the year on the company’s financial and operational policies. External auditors are employed by an auditing firm and provide an objective opinion on the company’s financial and tax compliance. While all staff auditors work in the accounting industry, they can specialize in a variety of niches.
- Assist in development and execution of audit programs.
- Perform auditing for corporate operations, finances and compliances with regulatory requirements.
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to business processes and controls.
- Maintain positive working relationships with management and audit teams.
- Perform assigned audit activities timely and effectively.
- Interview business units to obtain information required for auditing.
- Notify audit issues to Managers in a timely fashion.
- Prepare reports of audit findings and recommendations to management.
- Maintain all audit work papers and reports for reference purposes.