SABMiller is in the beer and soft drinks business, bringing refreshment and sociability to millions of people all over the world who enjoy our drinks. We do business in a way that improves livelihoods and helps build communities. We are passionate about brewing and have a long tradition of craftsmanship, making superb beer from high quality natural ingredients.
Duties and responsibilities
Amongst other duties, the Utilities Engineer will:
- Plan the annual quarterly, monthly and weekly schedules such that the maintenance work is done in the available plant shutdown time.
- Design and arrange minor modifications to plant to eliminate performance problems.
- Co-ordinate relationships between maintenance, engineering services, projects and brewing staff.
- Evaluate the condition of problematic plant in order to inform management timeously to establish replacement programs.
- Ensure application documented standards
- Develop and update engineering standards through hub technical
- Maintain system integrity and change control
- Maintain and calibrate site instrumentation
- Optimize use of planned maintenance system
- Apply formal failure analysis process
- Apply relevant engineering spares strategy
- Minimum of B.Eng/B.SC in Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering
- 3 - 5 years experience as a sectional engineer
- Computer Literate
- Membership of a professional body will be an added advantage.
Key Competencies and Attributes:
- Analytical and evaluative skills.
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills.
- Articulate & Conceptual skills.
- Accurate, decisive and persuasive.
- People Management and leadership skills.