- This job involves the use of ultrasound machines, as well as other forms of imaging technology, to examine and carry out diagnosis.
- Candidate will be expected to acquire images to help with the diagnosis of illnesses and injuries.
- Candidate may also be expected to contribute towards interpreting images, establishing treatment plans and helping with intervention procedures,
- Evaluate patients’ medical condition and history to determine a most suitable radiographic technique for diagnosis
- Use portable devices to conduct diagnostic scans on patients
- Obtaining and recording accurate patient history,
- Performing diagnostic procedures and obtaining diagnostic images,
- Analyzing technical information,
- Using independent judgment in recognizing the need to extend the scope of the procedure, according to the diagnostic findings,
- Providing an oral or written summary of the technical findings to the physician for medical diagnosis,
- Providing quality patient care,
- Interact with patients to offer them psychological support and address their concerns regarding an imaging procedure
- Adjust diagnostic equipment to deliver an accurate amount of radiation to patients
- Operate complex medical instruments such as X-ray, ultrasound, and several other imaging devices
- Direct and supervise the activities of radiography assistants and trainee radiographers
- Maintain proper records of patient details ensuring the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Follow up on patients after treatment to track the progress of recovery and ensure patients show no signs of a radiation side effect
- Explain to patients and their family the details of a procedure and ways to manage possible side effects
- Regularly inspect diagnostic equipment to ensure they are functional and operate efficiently
- Collaborating with physicians and other members of the health care team
- Ensure compliance with health and safety guidelines to minimize the risk of exposure
- Minimum of 2 year
- Bachelor's Degree/HND
- B.Sc (Radiography and/or Sonography)
- NYSC certificate
- At least 2 year experience in Ultrasound scanning after training.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- A supportive and caring disposition;
- Self-motivation and the ability to work under pressure;
- Organisational and decision-making skills;
- The ability to work as part of a team;
- Attention to detail;
- Confidence in using leading-edge technologies.
Expected Working Conditions
- Candidates may be assigned to any of the following locations and working conditions:
- An Office based schedule of 6 working days from Monday through Saturday with off duty on Sundays.
- A mobile field outpost location in rural communities
- Hours of duty shall be in compliance with medical operations within the company. This might include shift duties, call-duties, weekend coverage and public holidays.
- Workdays are defined as follows: Every day of the week (Monday through Sunday including Public Holidays).
- We value the different and unique perspectives that everyone brings our team, we are not trying to clone ourselves over and over. Candidate must however be socially enthusiastic, empathetic, loyal, curious, open to learning and happy to contribute to the growth of the team. You must be a self-motivated person who is patient and loves solving problems.
- We are not necessarily looking for people who are already experts in the roles needed, we do not mind teaching you and helping you become an expert on the job so do not let your skill level discourage you from applying.
The ideal person must:
- have a good command of English, oral and written
- be ready to continuously learn
- be able to work remotely and independently
- must be tech savvy
- Port Harcourt
- Otukpo, Benue