GigaLayer is empowering businesses and individuals with tools and services to support their online presence. We are doing this by building a foundation of incredible technology & design in the hosting industry and most importantly we are just getting started.
We are consistently faced with the unexpected. That’s why we have never been afraid to reinvent ourselves, and embraces change. Our success is the result of our talented employees taking big risks. What has stayed the same for the last 4 years, is our dedication to outstanding customer service and the values on which GigaLayer was built: trust, security, integrity, quality, respect and commitment to service.
About the position:
We are looking for an experienced UI Designer to create amazing user experiences, helping our products to be highly attractive and competitive.
You should be keen in clean and artful design and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artefacts, creating beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces for our web developement and projects.
- Work together with product management and engineering to build innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Participate in all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Develop original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Prepare wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Discuss designs and key milestone deliverables with peers and executive level stakeholders
- Perform user research and evaluate user feedback
- Set design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Stay up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- 2+ years' experience of working on a UI Designer position
- Profound UI design skills with a solid portfolio of design projects
- Significant experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Significant experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Strong visual design skills with good understanding of the user-system interaction
- Strong presentational and team player abilities
- Strong problem-solving skills with creative approach
- Experience of working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- BS or MS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or other related area