Egbin Power Plc, Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Black Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
- Assist to manage liquidity and cash flow ensuring business needs are met in a cost effective and prudent manner. Processes funds requests, transfers and payment processing and relationship management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures adherence to processes and frameworks for managing liquidity and risk.
- Ensures adherence to strategies to meet short, medium and long-term financing needs ensuring alignment with the organisation’s goals and objectives.
- Assist to ensure judicious management of organization’s liquidity to meet all likely contingencies within established risk limits.
- Ensures the preparation of cash forecasts and manage cash flows/cycles ensuring availability of adequate funds to meet daily operational requirements.
- Ensure the validation of all supplier and vendor payments and ensure that all requests for payment are supported with valid supporting documents in line with organization’s financial policies.
- Oversee the disbursement of cash ensuring compliance with defined policies and procedures.
- Recommend strategies for raising necessary funds to facilitate the realisation of Egbin’s operational and corporate objectives.
- Assist in all foreign exchange dealings for Egbin Power plc.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with key bankers and investors.
- Participate/ provide inputs in the review of Egbin’s bankers ensuring compliance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Ensure the preparation and rendition of tax returns and retention of all relevant tax records
- Ensure accurate computation and accounting for taxes ensure prompt settlement of liabilities
- Compute accurately and file all federal, state, local, sales, and other tax returns including relevant reports to ensure compliance with all tax laws and regulations
- Work with the Cash management Officer to ensure cheques for tax payments are promptly issued
- Ensures the tax payments at designated banks and obtain necessary receipts and other documents required for tax filing
- Extract, collate and document relevant supports and proof of remittances for tax investigation
- Seek innovative ways for the business to benefit from tax relief and other similar advantages
- Assist with all tax-related research and interpretation of tax legislations and provisions
- Keep abreast of changes and updates in macroeconomic policies and advice the Head, Treasury, on the implications for the business.
- Assist in preparing the unit’s budget inputs and contribute in the preparation of the budget firm-wide.
- Prepare periodic report for the attention of the Head, Treasury
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head Treasury
Education and Work Experience:
- A Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline.
- Professional accounting/ finance certification, (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA, etc.)
- Minimum of (2) years relevant experience
Skills and Competencies:
- Fair understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the power industry.
- In-depth knowledge of trends and developments in global accounting and finance practice.
- Advanced financial and accounting knowledge, including understanding of finance best practices and IFRS/ international accounting and financial reporting standards.
- Ability to develop sound business acumen – financial and commercial knowledge.
- Fair understanding of foreign exchange operations and associated regulations.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good people management skills, including the ability to manage multiple/ complex teams effectively.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.