Your tasks will include First Class, Business Class and Premium Economy tickets / Ticket upgrades for all International Carriers.
This job requires someone who has good connections with the travel agencies in Nigeria, has a network of local customers, willing will work to create and expand our database of customers in Nigeria. Able to liaise with local travel agencies to promote our services. Each month be able to set and achieve sales targets with respect to number of tickets sold. Conducting daily or weekly meetings with new travel agents to bring them on board with us and enable them to promote our services to their customers. Should have excellent communication and intra-personal skills, sales skills and be goal orientated. You will manage travel requirements and book clients on a regular basis. Our goal is to pass the ticket savings to our clients and keep them satisfied and loyal for future services.
Our clients will include: high net-worth individuals, travel agents in Nigeria (specializing in premium travel), travel desks (of businesses in Nigeria), and other sectors involved in the travel industry.
Our offering usually includes between 10-60% discount on First Class, Business Class and Premium Economy for all the major international airlines. Note: we are not working with any small airlines, low-cost airlines or local airlines.
- Buying and selling international flight tickets in First Class, Business Class and Premium Economy to clients
- Cooperating with clients to determine their needs and advising them on appropriate destination, flights and travel dates
- Providing relevant information to travelers so they are able to make a decision on booking their flights with us
- Arrange transportation (only in some cases) and collect payment/fees
- Deal with occurring travel problems, complaints, no-shows, refunds, etc
- Should have a strong data base of corporate and non-corporate clients
- Attend travel seminars to remain updated with travel trends and to sell our services and offerings to others in the industry.
- Focusing on market segments in line with company strategy
- Generating leads for proactive selling approach
- Independently identify new opportunities by analysing potential customers in different market segments
- Enter data into our system and maintain client files
- Maintain statistical and financial records
- Meet profit and sales targets
- Excellent knowledge of computer reservations systems an e-travelling
- Sound knowledge of domestic and international travel trends
- HND or degree in hospitality, travel, business or other relevant field
- Ability to interact, communicate and negotiate effectively
- Strong sales skills and commercial awareness
- Fluent in English, multilingualism is an added advantage
- Proven work experience as a travel agent for no less than 3 years
- Personal travel experience will be considered and advantage
- Should be proactive and a self-starter with the ability to lead the growth and in future manage a team
- Have a personal car (highly preferable, as the role will mainly require out-of-office meetings)