- Responsible for The Day to Day Direction and Oversight of The Transportations Operations Department, Including, But Not Limited to Operations, Maintenance, Safety/Compliance, Equipment and Personnel. Responsible for The Justification, Specification, Selection and Purchase of New Trucks, Trailers and Other Necessary Equipment and Systems.
- Responsible for Managing Assets and Available Business in Such A Way as To Minimize Operational Expenses While Maximizing Equipment Utilization.
- Supervise Key Terminal Staff to Monitor Operations Ensuring Workload Is Completed Per Customer Expectation Efficiently, Safely and Compliant with All Applicable Regulations.
- Partner with Logistics Department, Business Developing Department, Terminal Operations Department and Other Departments in The Supply Chain to Ensure Smooth Operations.
- Coordinate with Company Mechanic Workshop Team to Keep Trucks and Trailers Maintained, Safe, And Operating Per Federal, State and Local Law While Managing Associated Costs.
- Partner with Accounting Staff and Business Developing Team to Monitor Customer Payment.
- Serve as A Member of The Corporate Leadership Team by Participating in Regular Meetings and Projects Related to The Operation of The Company as A Whole
- Plan Deliveries by Organizing Truck Loads and Routing Schedules.
- Oversees the Preparation of Delivery Documents for Truckers.
- Negotiate and Bargain Transportation Prices.
- Schedule Daily and Weekly Routes.
- Keep Organized Records of Vehicles, Schedules and Completed Orders.
- Track Orders Using Functional Systems (E.G. Tracking Software) Achieve Agreed Safety Goals. Develop and Implement A Proactive, Planned and Structured Approach to The Maintenance of Fleet Vehicles, Keeping Within The Designated Budget and Ensuring All Vehicles Used Are Fit for Purpose and The Customer Experience Is of a High Standard.
- To Take the Lead in Resolving Unforeseen Problems as They Arise Ensuring Appropriate Resolution of These and To Utilise the Learning to Plan for Future Similar Scenarios.
- Direct the Activities of Staff in Relation to Transport Operations Within the Company on Duties Like Dispatching and Tracking/Monitoring of Transportation Vehicles.
- Maintain Open Dialogue with Other Units’ Managers So as To Organize Activities That Will Enhance Company’s General Performance.
- Negotiate with Warehouse Owners or Operators and Carriers for Their Services and For Fair Rates. Take Charge of Investigations That Look into Customer Complaints with Regards to Product Delivery and Other Transportation Associated Issues
- Conduct Necessary Investigation(S) To Determine the Cause of Problems Like Accidents (If Any Arises) And to Set Up Safety Measures to Avoid Recurrence of Such Issues Research, Analyse, Design and Implement Methods to Improve Logistical Needs. Develop and Communicate Informative Presentations and Strategies for Stakeholders and Managers to Gain Understanding and Consensus.
- Ensure Compliance with Company Policies, Systems and Procedures. Ensure Sure That the Procedures/System of Operation That is Used in The Daily Running of The Company’s Business Is in Line with Current Transportation Technology Systems Standard.
- First Degree or HND With Second Class or Upper Credit or Master’s Degree. (Preferably Degree in Logistics, Business Administration or Supply Chain Management. Experience) with a minimum of 6 years of Experience in Transportation Management Type Role. 3-5 of Experience in A Leadership Role. Direct Fleet Management
Experience in Managing Operational Budgets
Knowledge of Supply Chain Management An Understanding of Warehouse Procedures Sound Knowledge of Nigeria Customs Service Legislations. Extensive Knowledge of The Transportation Industry. Knowledge of Principles and Methods for Moving People or Goods by Air, Rail, Sea, Or Road, Including the Relative Costs and Benefits. Knowledge of Freight Management. Knowledge of Local and International Geography
Knowledge of Principles and Processes for Providing Customer and Personal Services. This Includes Customer Needs Assessment, Meeting Quality Standards for Services, And Evaluation of Customer Satisfaction.
Must be willing to work with flexible time schedule.
Excellent Communication Skills. Analysis and Identification of Risk Trends, Problems and Solutions. Leadership Skills Excellent Negotiation Skills. Time Management Skills. Interpersonal Skills. Excellent Written Skills. Pays Attention to Detail. Great Customer Service Skills. Great Organizational Skills. Great Team Player. Numeracy Skills Computing Skills.
Ability to Work Under Tight Schedule. Ability to Display Tact, Diplomacy and Calmness, Especially When Dealing with Tired Drivers and Disgruntled Customers. Ability to Work Independently and In A Team Setting. Ability to Display Initiative. Ability to Display Flexibility. Honesty and Integrity. Ability to Handle Stress.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.