The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
The successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Monitor movement of vehicles and drivers using electronic devices;
- Prepare and authorize vehicle gate pass;
- Authorize fuel issuance for vehicles when required;
- Prepare monthly chargeback statement for all vehicles, drivers and shuttle usage including long distance travel;
- Prepare overtime statement including applicable per diem statement;
- Arrange to obtain international permit for vehicles when required;
- Arrange for insurance and other legally required vehicle particulars;
- Handle and keep vehicle data and documents;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
- B.Sc/HND in Business Administration, Psychology or related field with minimum of six (6) years’ experience in a reputable organization.
- Associate membership of Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport is an added advantage.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have good knowledge of transportation assignment of drivers.
- Have good interpersonal skills.
- Be knowledge of on the use of Microsoft Office and oracle packages.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
- Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format, The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.