- Directing activities related dispatching, routing and tracking transportation trucks.
- Plan, organize and manage the work subordinating staff to ensure that the work assigned is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements.
- Direct investigations to verify and resolve customers complaint.
- Implement schedule and policy changes.
- Monitor spending to ensure that expenses are consistent with approved budgets.
- Develop and implement a proactive plan and structured approach to the maintenance of trucks, keeping within the designed budget and ensuring all trucks used are fit for purpose and the customer experience is of a high standard.
- Ensuring transport staff delivers the service appropriately to the changing needs of customers.
- Take a lead role in planning, costing and allocating routes and trucks ensuring efficient flexibility is in place to meet the varying changing needs of customers.
- Analyze expenditures and other financial information in order to develop plans, policies, and budgets for increasing profits and improving services.
- Promote safe work activities by conducting safety audits, attending workplace safety meetings.
- Ensure that all in-house trucks are compliant with legal regulatory and contractual requirements and where necessary escalating any identified issues and recommending resolution to the management.
- B.Sc/HND in Transport Management.
- Professional transport certificate is an added advantage.
- Member of transport institute of Management.
- Transport Manager experience
- Working in a haulage company will be an added advantage too.