An institution responsible for the promotion and facilitation of public and private sector investment and export development is in the process of recruiting mid-level officials to carry out its core functions and activities.
Trade and Investment Promotion Officers
Report to: Director of Investment Promotion and Facilitation
The incumbent will carry out Trade and investment promotion and facilitation activities generally. The TIPO will also be involved in providing high quality service support to the clients of the company towards the realization of their associated objectives.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Carrying out research and studies according to program needs and the region and country’s private sector development priorities.
- Work closely with other stakeholders to achieve the overall mandate of the company and its clientele; public institutions and private companies.
- Plan, organize, coordinate, and implement Investment outreach missions and road shows to promote our client states and companies as ideal investment destinations.
- Supply information and state/company/ city visit reports as required, closely monitoring the global economy/business sectors/ region/state/country’s economic/productive sectors, providing general information about the general business environment
- Contribute to the establishment and management of an investment related information management system as well as preparing basic promotional materials
- Interpret regulations/policies governing investments and trade and provide advice to potential investors
- Provide aftercare services to investors
- Closely work with local/domestic investors on joint venture opportunities for potential linkages with foreign direct investors
- Provide support for the Investment Promotion managers and work as a tight knit team in coordination with the other Officers
- Perform any other duties that are unrelated to this job function which are assigned by Supervisor
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Must possess a University degree from a recognized University in Social Sciences or related fields
- Must have at least four (4) years progressive experience working in the private and /or public sectors in Nigeria. Must be in business development with the private sector. Affiliation and membership of relevant local and international Trade and Investment promotion and facilitation agencies and associations is an added advantage.
- Basic knowledge to undertake market research, and develop bankable business plan and investment proposals.
- Possess requisite experience and capacity to carry out standard business and investment proposal appraisals.
- Must possess skills to prepare Outline and full business case (PPP) and appraise same.
- Able to communicate information and ideas effectively, clearly, and concisely with a broad cross section of people.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in multiple languages.
- Possess good intuition and analytical ability with the aptitude to deal with matters of a highly sensitive and complex nature.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications, particularly in Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Possess high capacity in the area of using information technology skills, internet and social media to market investment opportunities, source for strategic investors and facilitate investments for public and private sector projects.
- Ambitious and enthusiastic
- Commitment to performance and accountability
- Strong interpersonal skills and mediating ability
- Personality, conduct and credibility that engages and commands confidence and respect.