A firm in the Travel and Tours sector seeks a Tour Specialist. Candidate must be able to work with the Travel and marketing Manager on specialized offerings in the Tour business, as well as professional and competitive tour information towards enabling the agency to meet the demands of the current travel and tours market.
- Candidate is expected to display requisite skills to:
- Coordinate and book travel arrangements for individuals, groups and businesses.
- Provide relevant and essential travel information to the tourists regarding their travel like guides, itinerary, brochures, and maps.
- Advise on places of interest and travel routes
- Make reservations for sightseeing tours, educational tours, sporting events, theatre trips, etc
- Regularly update database containing client details and their travel information.
- Gather information that will be useful to tourists to specific tourist locations and keep publicity information up to date
- Help clients identify their ideal travel package based on their suggestions and requirements.
- Sell the appropriate tour package to the right customer.
- Study and assimilate all information regarding travel destinations such as prices, weather, language, currency, customs, etc.
- Provide end to end service while organizing a trip from reserving the hotels and creating the itinerary.
- Liaise with other travel partners (airlines, hotels etc) with a view to manage bookings and schedules.
- Liaise with various tourist destinations for best deals.
- Stay up to date on domestic and international travel trends.
- Resolve problems regarding the trip of the company’s customers.
- Regularly maintain a good relationship with our customers.
- Meet the sales and revenue targets.
- Candidate must possess the underlisted requisite professional skills:
- Held similar position in previous employment
- Good negotiation skills and relationship with various airlines, hotels .
- GDS experience– Amadeus will be an added advantage
- Excellent customer service and client management skills.
- Overall travel knowledge
- Possess good contact base with tour companies (Local and International).
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:
First Degree (Bachelor’s Degree)