GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project, helping developers collaborate on code to build great things and ship on time. We are an active participant in our global community of customers and contributors, trying to serve their needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write. We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
- GitLab is looking for a motivated and experienced engineer to help grow our test automation efforts across the entire GitLab ecosystem.
- This is a key position with a new and growing team, so your efforts will have a noticeable impact to both the company and product.
- In addition to the requirements below, successful candidates will demonstrate a passion for high quality software, strong engineering principles and methodical problem solving skills.
- Expand our existing test automation framework
- Develop new tests and tools for our GitLab com frontend, backend APIs and services, and low-level systems like geo replication, CI/CD, and load balancing
- Work with the product team and other development teams to understand how new features should be tested, and then engage them in contributing automated tests
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, testability and maintainability. You should know about clean code, the test pyramid and champion these concepts.
- Analyze complex software systems and collaborate with others to improve the overall design, testability and quality.
- Ensure that automated tests execute reliably and efficiently in CI/CD environments.
- Ensure test results are tracked and communicated in a timely and effective manner
- Strong experience developing in Ruby
- Strong experience using Git
- Experience with test automation tools like Capybara, Selenium
- Relevant internship or work experience in software development and/or test automation
- Experience working with Docker containers
- Experience with AWS or Kubernetes
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems (Jenkins, Travis, GitLab)