DCSL Corporate Services Limited - Our client, an Electricity Distribution Company is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill this position
- Responsible for floating Tenders and Bids for project execution opportunities that will enhance company’s plan to achieve revenue targets and grow market share.
- Coordinates ALL Project Planning and Design Activities and Functions under supervision
- Having strong focus on the economics and profitability of production or the services rendered by the entire department
- Responsible for deploying assigned and co – opted projects within agreed budget and deadlines
- Functional in the management of the end - to - end process of entire business unit
- Recommend polices and standards that are aimed at ensuring optimal utilization of the company/departmental resources for the overall achievement of the company's set objectives; long-term and periodic.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all purchasing functions and commitments of the company
- Provide for Projects acquisitions and enlistments, necessary information and articulated evidences to enable the company to bid or tender for major projects in the market place and very related to the capacity of the company
- Analyze all required RFQ, RFT and RFB, consulting with the Technical Department for specifications and designs and recommend for interests quotes with proper pricing to match the company’s expectations on each bid opportunity
- Prepares tenders either internally or by coordinating with engineering or others relevant to the job performance
- Capitalize on existing client relationships to expand projects in the Gas & Power market (through a combination of excellence in technical delivery and business development) while controlling the necessary reliability of the quotations (prices, contractual conditions and gross margin)
- With intelligent expertise, conduct all necessary Pre-Qualification exercises; liasing with Bid Sponsors to ascertain whether to bid or not
- As part of Tendering exercise, conduct a Client Research to ascertain the standards and expectations of the prospective client, identifying all possible conflicts of Interest and ISO Compliance to be undertaken, Tenders and Supplier Questionnaires to be completed
- Liaise with members of the business as appropriate to obtain information necessary to develop responses and adapt standard information over time
- Aim to deliver first-class tenders to all customers, reviewing enquiry documents to establish a bid strategy to maximize the probability of success and working with the bid managers and engineering teams to ensure that an optimized, competitive and winning solution is chosen for the tender
- Supervise price build up to establish a realistic cost estimate with adequate provision for all possible project risks and incorporation of current costing rates in collaboration with the Commercial Manager and the Chief Commercial Officer ensuring that the price is in line with the target set
- Ensure timely submission of documentation and follow up with the client
- Perform final document check including proof reading, formatting and brand identity before submission while keeping a sustainable bid library for future opportunities
- Research daily for business relevant Tender opportunities while continually reviewing the bid management processes, update and revise as necessary, to ensure the process meets Client and the desired IEL standards
Reporting and Analysis:
Develop and Review commercial reports and present to the Management Team and Managing Director and when requested by the Board the following reports but not limited to:
- Bid/Tenders Milestone Reports o Project Audit Reports
- Review and monitor business operating reports, ensuring effectiveness as to analyze the following;
- Client-Type Tenders Trend o Risk Survey Report
- Demonstrated experience managing ambiguous and change management programs
- Ability to analyze financial data
- Demonstrated cross group collaboration and influencing skills
- Strong planning, organising and monitoring abilities
- Attention to detail, planning, organization, and daily delivery requirements
Functional Skills and Competencies:
- Advising on contractual matters and formulating correspondence.
- Analysis of drawings, technical reports and bills of quantities.
- Knowledge of construction and contract law
- Sound working knowledge of the various forms of conditions of contract used for civil engineering projects.
- The ability to collect and use data for selection of contractors, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Able to use appropriate techniques for recording and documentation of information including registration of interest, preparation of bills of quantities and analysis of tenders
- To be able to demonstrate knowledge and usage of civil law in the context of construction.
- Understand the provisions of the standard forms of contract and sub-contract commonly in use in the Engineering industry
- Understanding of disputes resolution.
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc/HND with MBA in Engineering
- Minimum of 7 years with large project experience in Construction, Oil
- Must be member of a professional engineering body: COREN, NSE, IEE etc.
- Proficiency in an ERP Solutions and with competencies in Project Management, CAD and Microsoft Office Suite
Desired Personal Attributes:
- Results Orientation
- Strong cerebral capacity
- Ability to work with all levels of management, build partnerships and teams
- Highly organized and significant ability to multi-task effectively
- Ability to cope with and work under pressure
Key Result Areas:
- Financial Perspective
- % of Actual Revenue to Target
- No. of Successful Bids to the Total Pipeline
- Internal Process Perspective
- Time allocated to time spent ratio (%)
- Benchmark Gross Profit/Margin per Project
- Customers and Service Efficiency
- Satisfied-customer index
- Market share against competitors
- Projects Management
- Cost of Tender per customer
- No. of Successful Bids/Tenders.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.