A Reputable IT firm in data solutions is looking a Technical Support Officer Scanners. For a large data capture project in Lagos we looking for a new colleague who can support our customer with implementation and maintenance of a data capture solution. The solution included specialised scanning equipment.
Our new colleague should, just as the rest of our team, have a passion for data and technology. Do you think this might be you? Check the job specifications below.
The Technical Support Officer will be responsible for the sales, installation, maintenance and repairs of specialised scanners and data processing software applications of a global brand. It’s a diverse job for which a combination of technical and commercial skills is required.
Duties and responsibilities
▪ Identifying opportunities for the sales of the brand’s solutions in Nigeria. Sales targets and bonuses apply;
▪ Installation of data capture solutions (software applications and document scanners) on customer sites;
▪ Training of end-users in how to deploy the data capture solutions;
▪ Maintenance and repairs on scanning equipment as advised by the brand and in close collaboration with their Technical Support Team;
▪ Offering remote support to customers when needed;
▪ Assisting technicians on the project site with the maintenance and repairs of Scantron scanners, making sure they are all running without problems;
▪ Maintaining good business relations with existing customers;
▪ Identify and attending to business cocktails, conferences and seminars.
▪ Any other activity that lies in line with this job description and the companies activities.
Capabilities and skills
▪ A minimum of a Bachelor of Arts Degree is required;
▪ Background in electrical engineering (a must);
▪ Experience with printer/ scanner repair or similar products (preferable);
▪ Familiarity with C++ programming (preferable);
▪ Proficient with Windows operating systems, current and past;
▪ High mechanical aptitude;
▪ Being able to prepare a presentation and do live demonstrations of our products;
▪ Willingness to travel/passport;
▪ Being able to work independently and in a team;
▪ Good commercial skills.
How to apply
- Email your Curriculum Vitae (preferably with 1 recent reference) and motivation letter to [email protected]