A Reputable IT Firm in data solutions is looking a Technical Support Officer for Scanners.
For a large data capture project in Lagos we looking for a new colleague who can support our customer with implementation and maintenance of a data capture solution. The solution included specialised scanning equipment.
Our new colleague should, just as the rest of our team, have a passion for data and technology. Do you think this might be you? Check the job specifications below.
- The Technical Support Officer will be responsible for the sales, installation, maintenance and repairs of specialised scanners and data processing software applications of a global brand. It’s a diverse job for which a combination of technical and commercial skills is required. The TOS will be working from the Accra office and international travel will be required.
Duties and responsibilities
- Identifying opportunities for the sales of the brand’s solutions in Nigeria. Sales targets and bonuses apply;
- Installation of data capture solutions (software applications and document scanners) on customer sites;
- Training of end-users in how to deploy the data capture solutions;
- Maintenance and repairs on scanning equipment as advised by the brand and in close collaboration with their Technical Support Team;
- Offering remote support to customers when needed;
- Assisting technicians on the project site with the maintenance and repairs of Scantron scanners, making sure they are all running without problems;
- Maintaining good business relations with existing customers;
- Identify and attending to business cocktails, conferences and seminars.
- Any other activity that lies in line with this job description and the companies activities.
Capabilities and skills
- Background in electrical engineering (a must);
- Experience with printer/ scanner repair or similar products (preferable);
- Familiarity with C++ programming (preferable);
- Proficient with Windows operating systems, current and past;
- High mechanical aptitude;
- Being able to prepare a presentation and do live demonstrations of our products;
- Willingness to travel/passport;
- Being able to work independently and in a team;
- Good commercial skills.
How to apply
Email your Curriculum Vitae (preferable with 1 recent reference) and motivation letter
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.