- The Technical Officer (M&E), under the supervision of the Technical Advisor, M&E, is responsible for supporting the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities for the state offices.
- The Technical Officer (M&E) will work with others in the country office and field offices to ensure that field monitoring and evaluation activities are appropriate, of high quality, and meet the donor and project’s M&E needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the country office, zonal-level M&E staff and government counterparts to provide support and guidance on program/project monitoring and evaluation activities and on the donor and Government of Nigeria reporting requirements.
- Provide support to the sites in the zones and state offices, including interacting with site and State Program Managers, M&E focal points, M&E officers of FMOH/SMOH, NHMIS/SHMIS, LGA M&E and Nutrition Officers, and other Implementing Agencies/subgrantees and local research groups on needs and ensuring that these parties understand and can support these requirements.
- Support the A&T Nigeria team to integrate IYCF into programs across the supported states, support sub-grantees and the states in their indicator reporting and data collection strategies, activities, analysis and reporting formats.
- Work with state offices and local partners to support implementation researches, community monitoring rapid assessment and use of monitoring and evaluation tools, and adherence to complete, correct and timely reporting.
- Help interpret and disseminate data on IYCF from supported states and ensure the results are reported to clients and partners in alignment with the overall A&T and GON M&E system.
- Contribute to the design and technical development of monitoring and evaluation initiatives at national and state level. Provide related capacity building support (TA and training) in strategic collection and used of IYCF data at zonal and state level.
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to state offices and project sites, including the conduct of data quality assessments (DQAs) using official tools; assist in the preparation of monthly reports, and provide supportive supervision.
- Help ensure that the quality of program/project activities adheres to SOPs by supporting the development and implementation of appropriate mechanisms to ensure quality of all program interventions, including M&E tools logistics and management.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the computerized data capture of program activities, including DHIS2.0 and provides technical assistance and training to the staff at the state offices responsible for data entry and management. Provide technical assistance to M&E officers of FMOH/SMOH, NHMIS/SHMIS, LGA M&E and Nutrition Officers, and other Implementing Agencies/subgrantees in integrating IYCF data into the national HMIS.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of nutrition, health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- Knowledge and experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for IYCF/Nutrition and other Global Health Initiatives.
- Knowledge of nutrition, health, or reproductive and sexual health programming in developing countries.
- Knowledge of Nigerian community and clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding IYCF/Nutrition
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
Qualifications and Requirements
- PH. D degree in public health, nutrition, demography, statistics, or related field, with emphasis on quantitative analysis, with 1 to 3 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for IYCF/Nutrition and other Global Health Initiatives.
- Or MPH or MS/MA in public health, nutrition, demography, statistics, or relevant degree with 3 to 5 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for IYCF/Nutrition and other Global Health Initiatives.
- Or BS/BA in statistics, pharmacy, microbiology, monitoring and evaluation or in relevant degree with 5 to 7 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for IYCF/Nutrition and other Global Health Initiatives.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public and private sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
- Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
- The above job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
- FHI 360 is an Equal opportunity employer
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- FHI 360 does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview