- Before applying, ensure you can correctly draw and interpret orthogonal projections of a furniture part
- Must have adequate knowledge of measurement conversion
- To ensure that our products are produced to accurate dimensions and our operations are seamless.
- To produce detailed working/production drawings and specifications.
- To specify the quality and quantity of materials required.
- To resolve problems and issues that arise during projects.
Core Working Relationships:
- Customer Service and Sales Team
- Logistics/Procurement Team
- Production Teams
- Prepare a cutting list and accessories list for production and installation
- Perform the analysis of furniture pieces to ascertain production requirements.
- Co-ordinate project planning and material breakdown
- Make material requisition and ensure there are adequate materials for production.
- Visit projects’ and clients’ sites to take accurate dimensions
- Engage with other departments within the company to ensure that customers requirements are met
- Engage with the production team all through the process of manufacturing and installation of furniture and fittings.
- Evaluate and resolve issues relating to materials requisition for projects and retail orders.
- Engage in the material evaluation and planning with the procurement department
- Materials and tools analysis for projects execution and installation
- Plan, schedule and monitor installation progress
- Evaluate and plan rectification of all snags and errors
- Ensure work is performed as planned and to specification by adhering to the company quality assurance manual.
Key Job Attributes:
- Clear written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytic skills
- Problem-solving and innovative skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proactive and Result - Oriented
- Attention to details
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent Project management skills
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in Excel
- Ability to multitask
Education & Experience:
- A degree in Architecture or Engineering from a good Tertiary Institution
- A minimum of 2-3 years of relevant work experience, experience in a furniture manufacturing environment will be an added advantage.