Farmcrowdy is Nigeria’s 1st digital agriculture platform that connects sponsors with real farmers. Our platform affords Nigerians the opportunity to sponsor our Farmers by providing them with improved resources to enable them to to produce high-quality farm produce and feed the growing population. Farmcrowdy’s mandate is to empower our indigenous farmers and provide a sustainable way of engaging people in Agriculture.
- The TFS Poultry must have technical expertise in livestock management and must have proven track record in Poultry Management.
- The role requires a reliable, trustworthy, conscientious, self-motivated professional who is always prepared to be a “hands on” practical farm manager when required.
- The successful candidate(s) will be responsible for managing a combined team of Farm Managers, Farm Extension workers & Farmers.
- Pen-house stocking: Definition and oversight of SOPs for pen house preparation and stocking; adaptation of stocking densities if necessary; preparation of stocking calendar in consultation with Company's DOC hatcheries and poultry processing / sales forecast
- Pen-house management: Operational oversight of all pen houses (co-managed by Farmcrowdy) regarding preparation and maintenance, feeding, veterinary operations, insurance, growth and harvesting; overall responsibility for Poultry operations for Farmcrowdy.
- Feed Management: Advise and Ensure the right formulated feed in order to achieve the targeted weight of the birds.
- Project management: Oversight of business expansion of the poultry production through identification of acquisition of off-takers and farmers.
- Production planning: Preparation of production plans; planned poultry production and sales forecast; assurance of availability poultry product.
- Production oversight: Operational oversight of facilities (Poultry Pens) belonging to Farmcrowdy’s Farmers; regarding preparation and maintenance, organization of processes, manpower, quality assurance etc.
- Product development: Assurance of continuous product improvement and product development drive by establishing best management practices
- Pricing: Continuous review of market prices for all our poultry products, poultry farm input and review of own product costing
Ideal candidates for this role should have:
- Master's degree with specialization in any Agric related field. Animal Science, Animal Production and livestock management
- At least 3-5 years hands-on experience in agricultural processes and farms operations with focus on Production Management and Commercialization.
- Must be able to provide evidence on a previous farm project (s) with reference from the farm’s management about a successful out-come
- Research work in any of the Poultry, Livestock and Small Ruminants mentioned below; Must have the practical evidence-based results from research project(s)executed
- Must have working knowledge other livestock
- Willingness to Travel to different locations when required.
- Organisational and time management skills;
- Ability to work under pressure
- Supervisory skills and Management ability
- Numerical aptitude;
- Self-motivation and the ability to motivate others;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to make sound decisions and solve problems
- Effective leader and team-player receptive to feedback and willing to learn new things and share knowledge and skills; embracing continuous improvement
- Negotiating skills
- Language proficiency (English & other Indigenous Languages)
- Must demonstrate ownership of an Agric Support Network
- Must belong to a Professional Body (Group) that is related/affiliated to Agriculture
- Must have access to Federal (State) Ministries and or Parastatals which are responsible for Agriculture (Products, Equipment and otherwise)
- You may also include a link to your linked.in profile in the application
- Farmcrowdy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in the workforce.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.