The Ladymaker is known for dedication to fit and a passion for an African interpretation of a well-dressed woman. All of our designs are handmade in the Ladymaker workshop in Lagos Nigeria by a team of pan-african workers.
- REPORT TO: CEO/Creative Director
Strategy and Planning:
- Maintain up to date processes, liaising between departments and ensuring smooth and professional day to day running of the production department.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of the Ladymaker standards, and ensure these are met through processes, quality of product, and professional conduct.
- Work with management to develop new categories for company expansion.
Sales and Fittings:
- Assist on the retail floor in the Studio; welcome clients and conduct transactions
- Host Custom Order fittings
- Ensure excellent customer service and an impeccable quality of alterations
- Keep accurate fit notes for each client
- Oversee execution of alterations
- Keep an organized fittings diary with the Studio management team
- Work closely with the Creative Director during development of new collections and facilitate all workflow aspects from concept to design to production.
- Develop and maintain detailed status of design and development
- Ensure all key stakeholders responsible for all deliverables
- Flag any production and quality issues throughout a style’s cycle and work to find solutions.
- Create quality control checklists and perform quality control checks
- Manage the production calendar
- Work closely with the Production team to ensure consistent high quality in fit and construction of samples and production
- Participate actively in ensuring the studio runs efficiently & is well organised to meet deadlines and achieve objectives
- Maintain records and archives of designs, sketches, tech packs and samples.
- Maintain records of production output
- Maintain records of all supplies and materials and submit timely purchase orders
- Prepare periodic production reports.
- Computer literate, with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced sewing skills and a strong sense of fashion
- Relevant educational qualification in fashion is an advantage
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a fashion company
- Excellent knowledge of fabric and garment construction with a great eye for detail and fit
- Must be collaborative and organised with great initiative to juggle multiple tasks.
- Highly organised, deadline driven and will work calmly in a fast-paced, creative team environment
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills