Custodian and Allied Plc. (CA Plc) is a holding company with leading specialist companies and brands including Custodian and Allied Insurance Limited, Custodian Life Assurance Limited, Custodian Trustees Limited and Crusader Sterling Pensions Limited; all rendering best in class services in its versatile fold
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reconcile all Investment Ledgers with the Investment schedule
- Ensure that all investment related inflow and outflow are properly treated in the ledger
- Review and ensure accuracy of fixed assets register
- Raise all necessary journals to book new entrant and recognizing monthly annuity
- Reconcile bank accounts with the cashbook and flag any irregularities or errors discovered
- Maintain a secure, efficient and accurate filing system (electronic and hard copies) to ensure safe storage and easy retrieval of information
- Assist in preparing all financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting standards.
- Prepare and remit all tax-related payments eg PAYE, VAT, WHT
- Prepare monthly depreciation reports and post accordingly in monthly Management Accounts
- Ensure accurate documentation and posting of all disposed assets in the fixed asset disposal account
- Liaise with tax authorities (federal and state)
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum of 2ndClass Lower)
- 2-3 years relevant experience
- Chartered Accountant (ACA, ACCA)
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of all regulatory requirements and the modus operandi of the regulators.
- Familiarity with extant tax regulations and guidelines
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Proactive, Resourceful and hands-on with good initiative