Adam Smith International are an award-winning professional services business that delivers real impact, value and lasting change through projects supporting economic growth and government reform internationally. Our reputation as a global leader has been built on the positive results our projects have achieved in many of the world’s most challenging environments.
Adam Smith International has a strong corporate presence globally, with 146 current projects across 49 countries and over 1,000 staff and associates. Headquartered in London, our regional headquarters are based in Africa (Nairobi, Abuja, and Pretoria), Asia Pacific (Sydney) and South Asia (Delhi), with numerous registered offices across Africa and Asia.
Tracking Code: 1117-112
Department: Private Sector Development
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
- DFID’s LINKS – Powering Economic Growth in Northern Nigeria is a successor programme to the Growth and Employment in States (GEMS) programme including GEMS3 which was successfully implemented by Adam Smith International. Focusing on spatial economic growth in Kano, Kaduna and Jigawa, LINKS will aim to raise the incomes of at least 3 million people with specific targets for women and people living disability through new jobs, farming incomes, and self-employment opportunities.
- The programmme, set to begin in late 2018/early 2019, will focus on three main pillars – Investment, Innovation and Enabling Business Environment, with Agriculture, Renewable Energy, ICT, Affordable housing and Solid Waste Management as target sectors.
- 15’ years working experience in international projects
- 10’ years of those spent in projects in developing countries lasting more than 2 years and managing teams of 10 or more including local and international staff
- 5’ years of Project Team Leader / Head of Project status in economic development projects with significant elements involving private sector investment and innovation, and budgets over £5 million
- Proven track record of achieving job creation and / or income raising results at large scale and pace (100,000 people plus).
- Relevant Nigeria experience