- Direct the control, compliance and governance function of the business and ensure that all units adhere to the operational policies of the company to mitigate financial and non-financial risks that may crystallize.
- REPORTS TO: Control, Compliance, and Governance (CCG), Head, Control, Compliance & Governance
- SUPERVISES: Internal Control Officers (State)
- Divisional and Department Heads, Regulators, Auditors, Law Enforcement Agencies
- Oversee the branch compliance activities in the company.
- Reconcile all company’s correspondent internal accounts promptly
- Drive total compliance with the company’s procedural manual.
- Develop strategies and guidelines to drive efficiency in service delivery and processes by monitoring required procedures, TAT and SLA, to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develop strategic policy change to mitigate fraud and improve the control environment.
- Design and develop compliance policies and procedures and manage the implementation of same across the company.
- Supervise and drive the regular communication of KYC regulatory requirement to all staff.
- Oversee and coordinate activities (such as training, awareness program, KIP) to facilitate compliance culture within the company.
- Liaise with regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies on compliance issues for the business to avoid actions that could lead to loss of its operating license.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Number of undetected internal policy & procedure infractions
- Number of major exceptions from internal audit, external audit, regulatory reports
- Undetected income leakage arising from undetected processing errors
- Accuracy, timeliness and completeness of report
- Overall internal audit rating
- % of audit plan completed
- Number of outstanding recommendations from audits
- # of Cost Saving Initiatives Implemented
- % Training Evaluation
- (Internal) Customer Feedback
- Critical Thinking, Problem Solving and Analytical Skills
- Effective Communication Skills
- In-depth organizational knowledge
- Legal Jurisprudence
- Risk Management
- Data Analysis
- Leadership, Influencing and Negotiation
- Mentoring and Supervisory
- Continuous Learning & Improvement
- Self-Assured, Confident and Assertive
- Attention to Detail
- Interpersonal Skills
Applications & Technology:
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- HR Flex
- Nimble X
- A typical work environment in financial services.
- Requires periodic travel to branch locations across the country.
- A first degree is required; Master’s degree as added advantage but not compulsory.
- ACCA, CIMA, IIA, CRMA
- At least 6 years of successful risk and compliance experience in financial services industry. Good knowledge of consumer lending is required.
- Knowledge of regulatory environment and policies and Basel III is optional.