· Studying, understanding and following the vision/mission of the school.
- Developing and implementing lessons and work schemes, using the school foundation program as a framework;
- Providing a safe and stimulating environment that facilitates learning;
- Teach basic skills such as color, shape, number and letter recognition, personal hygiene, and social skills.
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, storytelling, and field trips.
- Establish and enforce rules of behavior, and procedures for maintaining order.
- Read books to entire class or small groups;
- Teaching all areas of the nursery/primary curriculum;
- Taking responsibility for the progress of a class of nursery/primary-age pupils;
- Organising the classroom and learning resources and creating displays to encourage a positive learning environment;
- Planning, preparing and presenting lessons that cater for the needs of the whole ability range within the class;
- Motivating pupils with enthusiastic and imaginative presentation;
- Meeting requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Providing feedback to Head Teacher, Management and parents/custodians on a pupil's progress as when due
- Keeping up-to-date school records and meeting deadlines
- Imparting knowledge in the three domains i.e. Cognitive, Affective and Psychometry
- Coordinating activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, and supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Working with others to plan and coordinate work;
- Keeping up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Organising and taking part in school events, outings and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Training and teaching learners to the point of being able to favourably compete with others nationally and internationally
- Teaching phonics, diction and related subjects.
- Participating actively in all areas of the school programme.