We are looking for a System Administrator to maintain and manage our software, hardware and network. You will be in charge of ensuring that our technology infrastructure runs efficiently.
You will be responsible for:
- Installing and configuring software, hardware and networks.
- Ensuring security and efficiency of the company’s IT infrastructure.
- Managing the company’s network servers and technology tools as well as integrating automation processes.
- Advising management on the appropriate technology tools for different processes.
- Developing expertise to train staff on new technologies.
- Monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issues; by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolving them.
- Upgrading company systems; when necessary.
- Building an internal system with technical documentation and IT policies.
- Managing storage planing and database performance.
Location and Line Management:
This opportunity is available in Jos. You will report directly to the Engineering Manager.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 3-5 years proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role
- B.Sc. in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator) is a plus.
- Experience with databases, and networks (both LAN,WAN)
- Knowledge of system security and data backup/recovery.
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans.
- Conversant with various operating systems and platforms.
- Resourceful and can think outside the box.
- Excellent communication skills.
You will work closely with all departments in the company.
The salary is globally competitive.