MFS Africa is a pan-African fintech company that develops innovative value-added services for mobile wallets. The company works in close partnership with mobile network operators and financial institutions to bring simple and relevant financial services to un- and under-banked customers. MFS Africa currently connects over 170 million mobile wallet customers in sub-Saharan Africa.
- We are seeking a bright, energetic and motivated Systems Administrator, who will report to the Senior Systems Administrator, to work as a member of the technical team, building the next generation of MFS Africa’s products and services. The position could be based in Nigeria, Ghana or South Africa.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Install and configure Linux operating systems
- Manage and monitor network servers
- Set up email accounts and workstations
- Monitor performance and maintain application systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages.
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc Computer Science or a related technical field
- Fluency in English
- Additional languages would be plus i.e. French.
Skills and Competencies
- Advanced knowledge and experience working with MySQL, and proficiency with Tomcat web server
- Bonus e-commerce, online payments or banking/card payments experience
- Advanced knowledge in mail, apache, SELinux configurations on Linux boxes
- Linux server installation and hardening
- Advanced knowledge in TCP/IP networking
- Advance knowledge in Linux networking and iptables
- Basic Cisco server configuration and troubleshooting
- Ranked by Fast Company as Second Most Innovative Company in Africa
- Work with innovative new technologies on the cutting edge of fintech.
- Attractive package including performance bonus and share options
- Strong and collegial company culture with 20+ nationalities represented
- We are can-do people; we are impact-seeking and diversity-embracing
- We are passionate We care about what we build, who we build it for, and who we are while we build it
- And we have a firm “no a**holes” policy. ).