Malteser International delivers humanitarian assistance to the affected population (IDPs, host communities and refugees) in Nigeria in response to the current famine crisis and displacement in the region since July 2017. In cooperation with a local partner, we are implementing a comprehensive project for Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and are setting up a Mental Health / Psychosocial Support Treatment Component for traumatized people.
- Support the PSS team in managing and coordinating all tasks related to the implementation of the Psycho-Social-Support component, while complying the rules and regulations of Malteser International and its donors
- Support the PSS Team in all Logistic (procurement) and Administration (finance) related issues throughout the implementation
- Contribute to the planning and conduction of individual and group sessions for the treatment of traumatized person and groups
- Assist the PSS team during the field visits ensure that the PSS team are able to work in a safe environment
- Support the team in properly document all implementation related processes well and establish a good filing system
- Support the team in filing all support documents properly, e.g. regarding correspondence, contacts and general administration in close coordination with the Psychotherapist Assistant, including beneficiary files and participant lists up-to-date
- Coordinate well and proactively the daily cooperation and work with the PSS team, as well as Administration and Program staff
- Report to the supervisor (Psychotherapist, Team Leader) all difficulties and relevant information, as well as all relevant issues concerning the safety, security and success of the program in a timely manner
- Assist the Psychotherapist (line manager) in fulfilling other project implementation relevant tasks as required
- Bachelor degree in Logistics or related fields, or equivalent experiences in working with a field team in Borno State
- 2 years of relevant experience working with NGOs
- Working experience in the Northeast of Nigeria for NGOs would be an asset
- Ability to work in and coordinate with a team
- Excellent written and spoken English; speaking Kanuri and Hausa
- Starting date: 01.12.2018
- Intended duty stations: Maiduguri, Nigeria
- Duration of contract: 12months
- Salary according to qualification and experience
- Kindly note that this a national position with a local contract
- This position is only for candidates from the area of Wau, qualified female candidates are welcome to apply.
- If you are interested in this position, please apply online at our job portal.
- Kindly submit your application (CV, letter of motivation, copies of diplomas and three professional references) online until the closing date stated above.