A - General Management:
- Oversee and coordinate all the activities that play out in the supermarket.
- Initiate corrective actions, analyze variance, schedule expenditure, and prepare an annual budget
- Recruit and interview new staff for the supermarket.
- Organize training, orientation, and supervise all departmental managers.
- Assign and schedule tasks for specific employees and also follow up on the results they generate.
- Oversee pricing and stock control
- Complete all the operational requirements of the store.
B - Sales:
- Develop business strategies to raise our customers’ pool, expand store traffic and optimize profitability.
- Propose innovative ideas to increase market share.
- Write sales reports and forecast sales levels
- Improve profit and attain the sales target of the supermarket.
- Study trends, authorize clearance sales and also determine all required sales promotions.
C - Purchase:
- Source and build relations with present and new suppliers.
- Meet suppliers and negotiate terms of contract
- Monitor all Purchase transactions
- Maintain inventories and approve contracts to ensure consistent availability of the required services and merchandise.
- Oversee receiving orders and stock control.
- Manage plans for stock levels.
D - Customer Service:
- Deal with all complaints, queries, and other related customer service issues through the floor manager(s).
E - Goods Management and Visual Merchandizing:
- Check supply and product levels, reorder when necessary, and take receipt and store items as they come in.
- Control and monitor the shelf life of perishable and damaged goods and obsolescence of non-perishables.
- Refilling products from storage when levels get low on the sales floor.
- Study display plans, sale promotion, and advertising towards marketing merchandise in a profitable manner.
- Review merchandising by formulating pricing policies.
- Minimum of 3 years