- You are a global development leader and you thrive in tackling global issues, from malnutrition to climate change to economic growth, ensuring no population is left behind. You enjoy leading high-performing teams that drive the delivery of innovative and results-oriented solutions for clients, by proposing tailored frameworks that address a client’s specific challenges. You are a PowerPoint whiz and excel in solving problems using evidence-based, strategic and creative thinking, and you want to put your skills to work – giving and receiving feedback whilst transforming the organizations that fund and instigate change around the world. You are a committed self-starter with experience as a ‘top-performer’ at a leading international management consultancy firm, a passion for international development, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Project Managers – live and work around the world, creating a network of global perspectives anchored by local experience in our offices in Africa, Latin America, North America, Europe and Asia. We combines ground-level insight with experience from top-tier professional services firms and leading academic institutions to create actionable solutions to the world’s most pressing issues.
- Strategy Consulting Project Managers are resourceful team leaders who manage the critical thinking and analytical horse power that drives teams. As the link between junior team members and management, Strategy Consulting Project Managers deliver creative ideas and results for our clients worldwide.
What You Will Do and How You Will Grow
- With a combination of analytical skills and social acumen, Strategy Consulting Project Managers are savvy communicators who simplify complex findings, develop insightful recommendations, and structure communications that promote constructive dialogues with diverse stakeholders in the public sector, private sector, civil society, and international communities.
- Lead project teams in dis-aggregating problems and providing solutions to address them.
- Develop innovative strategies and solutions for our clients
- Manage work streams and provide direction
- Coach, manage and support junior team members Oversee the quality of client deliverable Actively contribute to the firm's-building initiatives
Typical qualifications for a Project Manager in Lagos:
- Minimum 2 years’ strategy consulting experience as a manager at a leading international management consultancy and a ‘top-performer’ throughout tenure
- Master of Business Administration or Master’s Degree in Public Administration/ Policy
- Strong analytical abilities, both quantitative and qualitative
- Ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner, both written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and perform in an entrepreneurial atmosphere
- A passion for international development, typically evidenced by a strong interest and prior exposure to global issues
- such as economic development, global health, education or the environment
- Professionalism and demonstrated experience working with senior officials in the public and/ or private sector
- Experience living and working in different cultures; time spent in developing countries strongly preferred
- Sensitivity to the political and cultural environments of international public agencies or similar complex environments
- Strong regional/in-country networks preferred
- Demonstrated fluency with English speaking and writing skills; proficiency with other languages a plus
In addition to your cover letter, please respond to ONE of the following questions (and limit your response to less than 500 words):
- What is one business solution to poverty that you think could help improve development outcomes?
- How can an effective, innovative solution from a developing country context be scaled to additional regions/countries to improve standards of living?
- Employment is conditional on the candidate having or obtaining the requisite authorization to live and work in that country.
- Candidates selected for interviews will be invited for several interviews to test their consulting skills through case questions, and to discuss their interests and experience.
- As the interviews progress to the second and final rounds, candidates may be asked to interview in-person at our office.