You can execute on near term monthly goals, but also take a long-term perspective. Examples of work include modeling new pricing structures, identifying most impactful market penetration strategies, developing category expansion strategy to guide Business Development, and building value metrics to inform Sales operations and structure.
You will spend roughly 40% of your time on strategy (planning, prioritization, and decision making), 20% working closely with the CEO and 40% on execution (putting plans into action), and you will work closely with Pre-Sales, Sales and Business Development.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Strategy and Business Development
- Support the definition and implementation of long and short-term business strategies with a focus on revenue opportunities and brand differentiation.
- Oversee marketing activities through online platforms and others specified.
- Identify and assess growth opportunities and evaluate existing business through analytics and review of industry, partnership and market best practices (profitability, competitive positioning, alignment with organizational priorities, brand equity, program visibility and viability, etc.).
- Supports in developing proposals, analysis, reports, and presentations for senior management and other internal and external audiences.
- Assist in research of new technology partners and new business opportunities outside of core business functions.
- Supports the managing of Layer3 current and potential products with various OEM’s.
- Functions to the Chief Executive Officer
- Functioning as the CEO’s “business partner”, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time and office.
- Providing a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO’s office and internal teams; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, confidentiality, trust and support with team members.
- Converting CEO vision and ideas into professional presentations.
- Working closely with CEO to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments.
- Prioritizing conflicting needs, handling matters expeditiously and proactively, following through on deadline sensitive projects to successful completion.
- Helping in the planning, prioritizing, and managing of the CEO’s active schedule, including: calendar; expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas, scheduling and planning leadership meetings, communications, activities and special events.
- Strong entrepreneurial mindset.
- Exceptional analytical and data-driven problem-solving skills. Quick to identify critical issues and structure implementation- focused solutions to complex business situations.
- Strong technical skills, written and verbal skills with the ability to present complex issues in a simple, logical and succinct manner. Ability to influence management across the business and create buy-in across multiple layers of stakeholders.
- Proactive with the innate curiosity and aptitude to learn quickly.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to effectively interact with top management.
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical and thought leadership skills.
- Well-rounded skill set and long-term interest in both general management and financial services.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Ability to work independently and as part of team.
- Highly personable, and adaptive to rapidly-changing environments.
Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline (Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics or Computer Science) from a top-tier institution (an MBA or equivalent will be an added advantage)
3+ years of experience in similar role at a tech company, investment banking or management consulting
Expert in Apple Mac OS, MS Office proficiency, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint (with high technical ability) Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.
Increase in the achievement of short and long term strategic business goals.
Successful marketing and event co-ordination.
Efficient management of the CEO’s office and calendar.
Timely submission of proposals and reports with minimal errors.
Good and cordial relationship with all internal and external stakeholders.
Good implementation of CEO’s office projects and initiatives.