Adam Smith International is an award-winning professional services business that delivers real impact, value and lasting change through projects supporting economic growth and government reform internationally. Our reputation as a global leader has been built on the positive results our projects have achieved in many of the world’s most challenging environments. Adam Smith International has a strong corporate presence globally, with 146 current projects across 49 countries and over 1,000 staff and associates. Headquartered in London, our regional headquarters are based in Africa (Nairobi, Abuja, and Pretoria), Asia Pacific (Sydney) and South Asia (Delhi), with numerous registered offices across Africa and Asia.
ACORN will provide:
- Technical assistance and some equipment to key agencies involved in fighting international and domestic financial and economic crime, to address current capacity gaps in relation to intelligence gathering, investigation, prosecution and judicial determination.
- Financial and technical support to civil society and media to influence social norms and attitudes on corruption and build public support through social marketing and behaviour change initiatives.
- Financial and technical support to academic think tanks to collect further evidence on the social norms and broad picture of corruption in Nigeria, including types of corruption and how to measure them.
- Promote the use of political influence and non-aid levers in support of legal and regulatory reform and the independence of the law enforcement agencies.
- Experience working directly with Financial Intelligence Units;
- Experience in management / Leaderships positions with a demonstrable understanding of strategic planning and organisational change;
- Understanding Egmont Group and FATF requirements;
- Ability to assess risk;
- Ability to analyse institutional performance data to understand systemic challenges;
- An understanding of the justice sector architecture;
- Demonstrable experience in consultancy, problem solving;
- Experience in the design and analysis of programme interventions and the development of modernisation / capacity development plans.