An Engineering Construction company located in Abuja requires for immediate employment technically sound and result oriented individuals to fill this vacant position
Ref Code: DCP/STK/05/18
Responsible for the maintenance of maximum and minimum stocks, the operation of an accounting system, the maintenance of inventory records, the preparation of material orders, and the receiving, inspecting, and storing of supplies disbursed on job orders and material transfers.
- Exercise general control over all activities in Stores. Ensure safe keeping both as to quality and quantity of materials. Maintain accurate inventory records.
- Receive and store documents and confidential files; maintain record of approved documents and confidential files. Receive and inspect all incoming materials and reconcile with purchase orders; process and distribute documentation with purchase orders
- Reserve a particular material for a specific job when so required and issue materials only in required quantities against authorized requisition notes/material lists.
- Check the book balances, with the actual physical stock at frequent intervals by way of internal control over wrong issues, pilferage, etc.
- Monitor and proactively take action in response to site needs/ requests for construction materials.
- Anticipate and proactively elevate potential challenges/problems.
- Answers questions regarding procedures and resolve discrepancies regarding receipts, deliveries, warranties, repairs and surplus supply.
- Monitors and proactively takes actions in response to site needs/ requests for construction material
- Assisting with input into the stores computer and occasionally placing purchase orders on the instruction of the Procurement Officer or in his absence.
- Maintaining the outside area of the stores and yard in a safe clean and tidy condition.
- BSc/HND in any of the Social Sciences 3+ years of experience in storekeeping, inventory control, or recordkeeping
- Work experience with a reputable construction company would be an added advantage Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Keen attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time Organizational, verbal and written communication skills a must.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task is an asset.
Method of Application Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and Applications quoting the position and reference code as the subject of the mail