Farmcity seeks to fill the above position with suitable and qualified persons.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare Local purchase orders on time for the replacement of any stock that has reached its minimum stock level.
- Receive, sort, inspect, label and store incoming materials in an orderly and accessible manner.
- Reconciles incoming materials with purchase orders; processes and distributes documentation with purchase orders.
- Weigh, measure, check sample and keep accurate records on materials, supplies and other equipment that enters the store.
- Verify the quality and quantity of items they assigned, checking for defects and recording findings.
- Keep record of all items that enter or leave the stockroom and inspect for damaged goods.
- Scans barcodes with hand-held devices to keep track of inventory.
- Retrieve orders or items requested for and get them ready for delivery to appropriate department or unit.
- Ensure perishables are sorted and stored, sold or used on time to avoid losses.
- Understand and administer the Store Operations and procedures and ensure consistent compliance and acceptable audit scores.
- Determining minimum stock limits of all goods.
- Ensure that all equipment, storage facilities are safe and ready to use at all times and there are promptly reported and fixed when faulty. This includes all maintenance issues in the unit.
- Maintain high standards of hygiene, health and safety measure in the bar unit.
- Up to date on new trends in store keeping by maintaining professional and technical knowledge, attending educational workshops; benchmarking professional standards; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Devise ways to optimize inventory control procedures.
- Inspect the level of business and draw material to identify shortages.
- Ensure product stock is adequate for all distribution channels and can cover direct demand from customers.
- Record daily deliveries and issues to reconcile inventory.
- Use software to monitor demands and documents.
- Develop inventory database where there is none.
- Place orders to replenish stock avoiding insufficient or excessive surplus.
- Analyze data to anticipate future needs.
- Evaluate suppliers to achieve cost-effective deals and maintain trust relationships.
- Collaborate with store employees and other staff to ensure business goals are met.
- Report to superior on stock levels, issues etc.
- Up to date on new trends in inventory by maintaining professional and technical knowledge, attending educational workshops; benchmarking professional standards; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Liaises with the Human Resource Personnel to recruit staff and perform other Administrative duties (attendance, leave, appraisals etc.).
- All other duties as reasonably requested.
- Experience required: At least 4years
- Minimum Qualification: OND
- Sex: Male and Female can apply
Remuneration and benefits
- Salary: N70,000 monthly
- Medical is available.