- Provide advice and technical support particularly on the ECOWAS Commission’s political work, as well as on policy proposals, development and implementation within the policy areas which fall within his/her remit.
- Improve the implementation of the ECOWAS Programme Policies, Standards and Procedures as relating to strategy, project design and management, and draft corresponding written recommendations to support new focus areas.
- Advise and support processes in designatedDirectorates and Units.
- Support the processes of capacity building including recommendations on ideas which
- extend the existing range of options available;
- Contribute to the planning process of the next ECOWAS Vision;
- Liaising with relevant ECOWAS Departments and Directorates;
- Provide support as may be required in
- organizing, following-up and advising
- counterparts on cooperation with Development Partners;
- Prepare and draft briefing statements, reports, analysis notes or Executive summaries for and on behalf of counterparts that reflect his/her Office’s political viewpoint;
- Review, provide advice and comment on drafts prepared by internal and external Officials, departmental reports, speeches, statements, answers to questions, responses to requests, etc;
- Highly skilled in overseeing the organisation of international forum
- Undertake any other related duties as may be assigned from time-to-time.
Required qualifications, competences and experience:
- Advanced degree in Social or Political Sciences, or equivalent. PhD is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 15 years of professional experience with an appreciable knowledge of international cooperation, regional economic and political integration and knowledge management.
- Experience in advisory/consultancy services at high political level.
- Technical experience working and formulating policies and program execution and assessment, designing development strategies in international development programs, including at least two years of work overseas
Other knowledge, additional competences:
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to synthesize complex messages and deliver presentations to various stakeholders.
- Fluent written and oral knowledge of English and at least another ECOWAS Official Language (French or Portuguese); Very good working knowledge of ITC (related computer software, email, internet)
- Willingness to upskill and to adjust to the personalities of the counterparts, as required by the task to be performed.