A firm in the engineering sector seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
Reports to: General Manager - Sales
Purpose: Reporting to the Head of Sales this role is responsible for the development and design for solar projects.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Meeting sales budget and timely execution of all Sales activities.
- Identify business opportunities for Solar/Renewable Energy products/Projects/Services with focus on EPC projects and Energy Services for solar power solutions
- Identify and select Products/Technologies/Vendors/Service Providers/Tools to convert opportunities in to revenue streams
- Design solar systems based on customer requirements; mini grid and roof top solar etc. Discuss with customers and engineers to assess equipment needs and to determine system requirements
- Capable and well conversant to tools and software used for designing solar power solutions
- Have skills to assess the loads and loading pattern of consumer energy consumption
- Well versed to use portable energy audit instruments such as power analysers, data loggers etc. Able to assess most accurately the energy consumption profile and energy cost profile of the consumers. Capable of optimally sizing solar power solutions.
- Have very good knowledge of power systems such as solar panels, controllers, inverters/UPS, energy storage (Batteries), protection and security systems.
- Capable of preparing Single Line Diagrams
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products or services to customers and prospective customers
- Plan and modify products to meet customer needs
- Recommend improved solution or products to customers, showing how changes will lower costs or increase production
- Assist in researching and developing new products
- Technical analysis of tender specifications, preparing tender compliances and deviations. Preparing cost sheets and technical schedules for tender.
- Co-ordination with engineering team on suppliers' end & proper installation of the equipment as per manufacturers' guidelines
- Co-ordinate with Service Department to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction
- Build and maintain relationships with clients by providing support, information and guidance. Visit customers on site in order to develop an understanding of their business requirements and future potential opportunities.
- Responsible for compliance with ISO system for business process
- Hands on experience in system design for Solar/Renewable energy
- Team leadership skills
- Experience with PV Syst photovoltaic software or similar comprehensive software tools
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent English oral and written communication skill
- Excellent knowledge on power systems – DG sets, Transformers, Inverters, UPS, MPPT, Solar Panels, Batteries, etc.
- Skills in setting up remote monitoring systems
- High standard of attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Education and/or Professional Qualifications
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Degree in relevant discipline, Electronics/Electrical Engineering