Vesselnet is a leading player in the off grid solar market in Nigeria. We provide homeowners an affordable clean source of power, and an industry leading customer experience. Vesselnet offers multiple cost effective solar solutions to our consumer, from outright purchase, to lease to own and power purchase agreement for estate managers. Vesselnet’s Field Sales Officer are required to source and develop their own book of business, and will receive little to no Vesselnet generated leads. The Field Sales officer will be eligible to earn sales commission to be agreed in the Key Performance Agreement, along with a basic salary.
- Create individual sales appointments to close new business
- 100% referral and self-generated sales.
- Create and run 20 -30 consultations a week in order to achieve selling 15+ new customers per month
- Closing the sale using various proven customer sales methods;
- Develop sales strategies/models;
- Evaluating customers’ skills, needs and building productive long lasting relationships
- Providing an industry leading customer sales experience from initial contact through installation and after the customer's system is turned on;
- Meet personal and team sales targets;
- Research accounts and generate or follow through self-generated sales leads;
- Attend sales meetings, sales events, trainings, and industry events to keep abreast of the latest Vesselnet and industry developments;
- Create, maintain, and expand customer database within your assigned sales customer segment;
- Live Vesselnet’s core values, to be positive and approachable, be customer centric, be innovative and be a dependable professional!
- Sales Officer are required to run the Vesselnet sales process consistently and in compliance with Vesselnet’s policies and procedures. The business will provide support to your sales efforts during weekly team meetings
- The primary activity for all Sales Officer is selling Vesselnet’s products and services.
- Selling opportunities that most effectively lead to the Closed Sale include:
- Canvass to Identify & Close New Sales Opportunities:
- Vesselnet’s products appeal to an increasingly larger population, and canvassing is one of the fastest ways to connect with a growing market and identify new customers for Vesselnet products.
- Attend Local Events to Identify & Close New Sales Opportunities
- Field Sales officer can also source new customers by attending events and partnerships.
- Engage in outreach to the assigned customer segment to Develop & Close New Sales Opportunities:
- Sales Officer may contact Vesselnet’s existing customer base where applicable to ask about the health of the customer's solar system, and earn introductions to the customer’s friends, colleagues and neighbours.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Self-motivated, competitive, multi-tasking, problem solver, analytical and able to handle customer rejections;
- Proven track record of field sales experience;
- In-home and/or solar sales experience a plus;
- Must be success oriented
- Passionate about providing exceptional customer service and being a Brand Ambassador;
- Able to think critically and solve problems;
- Proficiency with computer programs such as CRM platforms, Outlook, Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, Gmail, Google Calendar, and Adobe Acrobat;
- 80% local travel, outside of an office environment, engaged in sales, within the defined region and customer segment;
- Must be able to canvass door-to-door, office –to- office during the day-time
- Ability to operate effectively independently – self starter.