The Solar Engineer shall be responsible for the complete sales process. Starting with developing a sales opportunity to installation of a system and ending with operation and maintenance.
- Sales Engineering
- Leads client conversations through emails, phone calls and in-person meetings
- Performs energy audits on client sites
- Design of PV systems (on grid, off-grid, hybrid).
- Develops sales proposals to drive the sales process
- Prepare and submit tender documents (specifications, Bill of Quantities, drawings, etc.) and designs as per requirements.
- Drives the sales process from proposal to getting a signed contract
- Works with legal department to draft sales contract
- Develops a project plan to execute a sales contract
- Design and plan solar power installations;
- Leads the supply chain process to order parts internationally and locally
- Conduct quality assurance of technical installations of both Daybreak Power’s team as well as the installations of our technical partners;
- Direct, coordinate and supervise the installations of solar power solutions;
- Trains client on how to operate and optimally use the system
- Actively monitors installed site performance and creates monthly report for client
- Serves as the first line of contact for client complaints
- Resolves site issues remotely and through site visits
- Ensures customer satisfaction
- Assist in market research and identify solar energy projects throughout Nigeria
- Develop standard operating procedures and HSE standards for solar installation work.
- Develop and coach technical staff to meet the objectives of Daybreak Power Solutions Limited in Nigeria;
- Introduce best-engineering practices in the company to ensure it is at the forefront of innovation and good management practices
- Review technological trends in the local and global energy sector;
- Liaise with regulatory and governmental institutions as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Preferably Electrical, Electronics or Mechanical
- Must be proud of your work, take ownership, and be passionate about quality of workmanship
- At least 2 years (5 years for Engineering Manager) of Engineering experience, preferably in the solar industry
- Work well in a team environment & have good communication skills
- Solar Energy training certificate from Lagos Energy Academy preferred
- French language proficiency is an advantage
- Flexible to travel domestically and Internationally
Approximately 50% of time shall be spent in an office environment. The remaining time shall be spent in the field.
The Engineer shall be capable of lifting up to 20kg; stand for an extended period of time; work in outdoor environment.
This position may have Solar technicians directly report to them.
- Opportunity to work in a forward-looking, innovative company, with international group of colleagues;
- Unlimited career opportunities – depending on achievements and personal development;
- A competitive salary and benefits package with long-term prospect in a fast-growing company.