Hamilton Lloyd and Associates - Our client is an Information Technology Consulting Company. Due to internal expansion, they have decided to hire qualified candidates.
- The Software Tester's role is responsible for the testing and quality assurance for software development and deployment.
- You'll conduct automated and manual tests to ensure the software created by developers is fit for purpose.
- Software testing involves the analysis of software, and systems, to avert risk and prevent software issues.
- To test modifications to products to ensure they are fit for purpose, consistent, and compliant with published standards and guidelines. You will ensure modifications are fully regression testable and delivered on schedule.
- Translate functional requirements and specifications into documented test plans, cases, and steps.
- Rigorously planning, writing and executing test scripts.
- Perform manual regression testing.
- Creation and maintenance of test data, tools, and scripts.
- Execute test plans manually and conduct manual functional and exploratory testing.
- To understand the industry requirements of customer base and develop a thorough understanding of how those requirements are met.
- To complete testing in line with agreed timeframes by following the documented business processes using the appropriate test management and automation tools.
- Identifying issues, risks, and dependencies Escalating and managing where appropriate.
- To provide product handovers to both technical and non- technical audiences.
- Continually update skills by learning new technologies relevant to the role.
- Evaluate testing tools, monitoring applications, and software systems
- stress testing, performance testing, functional testing, scalability testing
- Promote and advocate best practices within the team and throughout the business.
Technical Skills Required
- Practical and systematic approach to testing.
- Experience working with financial software or from working in the financial sector.
- Exposure to Microsoft Test Manager.
- Proven experience in a true agile delivery environment (Scrum, XP, TDD, BDD). Basic coding/scripting skills (VB: net/C#).
- Ability to write simple SQL scripts to create and manipulate data.
- Experience with test automation frameworks
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- Working knowledge of test management software (e.g. qTest, Zephyr) and SQL
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work well individually as well as in a highly collaborative team.
- Demonstrated interest in learning new technologies.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies (especially Scrum).
- Enterprise Software Development Lifecycle.
- Direct work in applications that serve a very large number of users along with handling highly secure information.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in any of the Physical Sciences with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division (2:2). Master's Degree would be an added advantage
- Relevant work experience in software development.
- Experience in project management and QA methodology.
- Commercial experience in testing client-server (Window) and Web applications (ideally in a net-based environment).
- May be required to travel occasionally; overtime and weekend work may be required.
- Interested and qualified candidates should kindly send their updated CV with the title of the role as the subject of the mail.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.